Friday 7 November 2014

Video Techniques and Influences

Bastille- Bad news
This song is a big influence on my media product because many of the effects and colours that are used in this music video is what i would like to include in my music video.
I really like the techniques of slow motion, rewinds and fast forwards within this music video and the way there is really quick flickers between edits. This adds to a really effective video and a different way of making a music video.
The change between black and white and colour also looks really good and effective and it doesn't get boring to watch.



























There is an effect in this video which i really like and think is really effective.

There is a split second cut to these two images. The reason i like it is because it is something different and is effective when watching the video.









Arctic Monkeys- Arabella
In this video i really like the old movie style effect that is included throughout the song. Also i thought the freeze frames that happen throughout the video are really effective.
Once again the rewinds and fast forwards add to a good effect in the video.
I also really like the old fashioned vintage style they have included in the video, such as the costumes, hairstyles and even the location they are performing in.


This is a screen shot of the old fashioned video tape recording style which is really effective. It also fits in with the style of the video.











Also the vintage style clothes, hair and location is different and effective. Fitting in with the black and white old fashioned theme of the video.








During the chorus there were also snapshots taken. The editing made it looks as though a picture is being taken because a flash quickly appears on the screen and then there is a freeze frame. This is something different and i think it works well.







Kings of Leon- Sex on fire

What i like about this video is the location that it is set in. For my music video i would really like the style to be similar to this. I think the inclusion of a performance and a narrative within the video.
The lighting is also effective and i think lighting like this will go well with the genre of my song.


Shots like this work really well and the way the light shimmers off the water looks really good. I think shots like this look good because it gives a sense of the location they are in and means the audience wont get bored of seeing the same shot constantly.







I like the idea of the band acting in the narrative so they can perform the song as well as be a character in the narrative of the music video. This is definitely something i am planning on including in my re-creation music video.







All of these videos have helped me with an idea for my media product. Hopefully by including edits, shots and locations like the ones I think are effective in these videos then my video should turn out quite well and will hopefully look the way I have it pictured it in my mind.
Also by looking at the conventions of similar genres it means my video will look more professional and will definitely attract fans of the genre and my targeted audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment